Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Putting up Curtain Rods without drill?

Hey... 3 windows in my apartment, I have to put 3 rods up, but the thing is I dont have a drill. The instructions state to use it as if I hammer it it wont be secure. I dont want to have to buy a drill I will only use 3 times lol... So is it possible to rent the most basic drill from HD, that would accomplish this job? what type should I rent if they do? Never rented equipment so Im not sure how all this work. Im not building a house, fort, tree house, literally hanging up some curtain rods. :)

If not... any other options? Ways to accomplish this? thanks.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-08T19:04:49+0000  by Davy333 Davy333

Because the availability of rental tools vary from Home Depot location to location, there isn't a list of available tools.  Frankly almost any cordless drill would work (both to drill a small pilot hole and drive the screws).  I would stop by your local Home Depot and see what they have available.

You might also consider borrowing one from family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers.
Posted 2015-04-09T00:04:48+0000  by Adam444
Hi Davy333!

Most apartment complexes have these resources available through their service manager or simply at the office.

Your local Home Depot is a great resource, and will likely offer an inexpensive option.

You might also search the internet for a local tool coop.

More often than ever, communities are sharing resources ... analogous to a library, except you check out tools.
Posted 2015-04-09T15:29:53+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Hello Davy333.

Rather than use a drill, you could get a large nail and hammer it in part way to make the screw holes you need.  After pulling the nail back out, then you will just need to use a screw driver to mount the curtain rod brackets.

However, it is often handy to have even just a simple corded drill and bits available.  This model drill is very inexpensive, as is the bit set shown:

You can find the drill here:  Drill
And the bit set here:  Bits

In addition, at many Tool Rental departments at The Home Depot, you can rent a nice cordless drill for 4 hours at a cost roughly half of what you would pay to buy the drill shown above.  Either way you will need to buy a drill bit, (or a set).

Here's an example of what is available at my store.  Each store may vary what they rent.

Check this link for a rental drill:  Rental

Chris.

Posted 2015-04-10T20:40:36+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
In another thread, Davy333, Community Member studiostyleblog discusses her solution for hanging sheer curtains on her concrete patio.

Click the link to view her creative solution.

Hanging Outdoor Curtains
Posted 2015-12-10T16:16:43+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+