Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Refrigerator delivery

Hi,

I have appliances delivered (fridge) that is about .25-.50 inches wider than the door opening (without the handles). Will the delivery crew take the doors off and then put them back on to ensure that it will fit through the door opening? I was told at Home Depot that they do not want to do it because of water lines, etc., but was also told that they would put the request in to try.

Also, they said that if they refuse to take the doors off and if it will not fit, they will take it back and I will get a refund to get a smaller fridge. 

Can anybody confirm, please? I have a delivery next week.

Thank you.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-11-07T15:44:23+0000  by Tomek Tomek

Hi Tomek,

Yes, the information you were given is correct, If either scenario occurs be sure to refuse delivery and send the unit back. In some rare occasions the delivery personnel will suggest accepting delivery and calling the store for an exchange. Do not accept delivery unless the full complete delivery including installation can be accomplished.

The exchange/refund process is dependent upon the timely return of the original refrigerator, so refuse delivery if there are any issues.

Mike
Posted 2019-11-07T19:09:21+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+