Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Outdoor Living

Replace straps on wrought iron chairs

I need help figuring out how to replace the straps on an old wrought iron outdoor chair. These straps supported the seat cushion & have metal hooks on the end that feed through small holes. No idea where to begin!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-09-01T14:15:05+0000  by JenniferA609 JenniferA609

Picture
Posted 2018-09-01T14:17:40+0000  by JenniferA609
While looking for parts for you project I stumbled upon this site:  Sunniland Patio.  They have replacement clips and strapping for your project. You could probably just use regular S-hooks from Home Depot or any hardware store (like the one on the strap the right front of your chair).

They do seem a little expensive but with some searching of your own, you should be able to find what you need.
Posted 2018-09-01T23:15:36+0000  by Adam444
Greetings JenniferA609 and Thank you Adam!

That is the perfect solution! The Home Depot sells strapping, a universal strapping that is used for tie downs and belting, I could not track down the strap clip ends, so thanks again for always helping to find the best answer for our customers questions!

The "S" hooks are located in aisle 13 of most Home Depot hardware departments, bring the old "S" hook with you so that you can find the exact fit. also check on-line and have the "S" hooks sent right to your house.

All the best with your fix it project! Check out end of season patio cushion sale at your local Home Depot and also check  HD on-line, if you need a to pick a few replacement cushions we still have great a great selection!

Thanks again Adam,
Maureen
Posted 2018-09-04T12:46:49+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+