Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Answered

Replace toothbrush holder and soap dish in bathroom

I want to remove the toothbrush and soap dish holder from the bathroom tile wall. Both appear to have recessed screws at the bottom. The problem is I cannot figure out what type of screwdriver to use. The line is not quite straight so a flathead screwdriver will not do. There seems to be a small hole in the middle of the line which is not quite straight. Please help! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.     

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-14T18:27:30+0000  by Zw_iCK--4 Zw_iCK--4

Hi Zw_iCK4

Try a jewelers screw driver set, these have very small screws drivers designed for eye glasses and jewelry.

One of the sizes in that set should work. You can find them at your local Home Depot.

Mike,

Best Answer

Posted 2013-06-04T17:10:46+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Hi Zw_iCK-4,

Please send me a picture of the screw head so I may look at it firsthand. I should be able to determine what type it is.

Or take the picture to your local Home Depot. Our hardware associates will assist you in selecting the proper screw driver for your screw type.

Mike,

Posted 2013-05-16T21:59:24+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Thank you for your response. I have since discovered that the toothbrush holder is fastened on with a tiny flat head screw. The problem is that I only have about 1 1/2 " from the bottom of the base of the toothbrush holder to the sink. I can't find any screwdrivers small enough in length to use.

Posted 2013-06-02T22:57:59+0000  by Zw_iCK--4
Mike, the solution to my problem was right on. I have recently installed a new toothbrush holder and soap dish. I was able to buy the same brand at Home Depot and installation was very easy. I could not have completed this project without your help. Thank you.
Posted 2013-06-24T02:10:01+0000  by Zw_iCK--4

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+