Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Replacement Batteries for Ridgid

How do I get Ridgid replacement batteries for my 24 volt Lithium-Ion system Using my lifetime replacement warrantee?  Blacksmith

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-16T04:08:45+0000  by Blacksmith Blacksmith

Good morning Blacksmith,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

To make sure you obtain new replacement batteries for your RIDGID  Lithium-Ion system, you'll need to come into to your local authorized Ridgid Service Center. To qualify for a Lifetime Service Agreement (which includes free replacement batteries), you would have needed to register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing approval through RIDGID's website within 90 days of purchase. 

According to the RIDGID's Power Tool Warranty page:

"The Lifetime Service Agreement (if accepted), commences after the expiration of the standard RIDGID® 3 year Limited Warranty. To obtain service for this RIDGID tool on either the 3-year limited warranty, the Lifetime Service Agreement, or the recon limited warranty, you must bring the equipment, to an authorized RIDGID service center. "

To find a RIDGID Service Center near you, click here.

Going about this step goes directly to the manufacturer's own local service center, and it gets the new replacement batteries in your hands much faster than any other option out there.

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-04-16T13:53:25+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

hi i wanna job 

Posted 2012-05-08T00:02:44+0000  by ayam

Hello ayam.  Welcome to the Community!

Careers.PNG

Maybe this will help.  Click here or on the picture to find career opportunities at Home Depot.

Newf.

Posted 2012-05-08T16:37:59+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

How do I get replacement batteries when I was never informed about the requirement to register the product? Under California state law, registration is not required in order for the manufacturer to honor the full factory warranty.

Please advise.

Posted 2012-06-13T17:51:53+0000  by 12ToothAssassin

The Ridgid battery warranty is a JOKE. My batteries recently quit holding a charge and I just called Ridgid to find out the process of obtaining new batteries. After they verified that I registered my product online as instructed, they then told me that the registration process was not complete because they never received my receipt. I know I sent my receipt to them, and my question to them was “Why would I go through the online registration process but not submit my receipt?” They stated that they are not saying I did not submit my receipt, they just never received it. They went on to say I should have followed up with them to confirm they received my receipt……and then what, they would just deny receiving it anyway.

This is a PLOY to get consumers to purchase their products. I know it is the sole reason I purchased the product, but I can honestly say that I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER RIDGID PRODUCT in my life. I guess they have never heard of customer service and returning customers.

Posted 2012-10-24T16:50:11+0000  by curtg

Personally, I really like the Ridgid cordless tools, however, the batteries are some of the worst of any cordless power tools, especially the Li-Ion ones. I have at least 5 batteries from different sets that I have bought, and they are all dead. Last year I got two replacement ones, and one worked for a while, the other one never worked. To get a new replacement, I have to drive about 45 mins each way, plus it is quite a pain for any warranty replacement anyways.

I almost feel that Home Depot should have a Class Action Suit because of this issue. They offer a lifetime warranty on Ridgid Tools, but good luck getting it. 

So far, there is basically nothing I can do to try to get these batteries replaced and I have considered taking Home Depot to Small Claims Court because of their deceptive practices and also as a matter of principle.

Until they figure out how to properly design working lithium ion batteries, they should stop makim them and offer all the thousands of people with this problem one for one replacement. I think that this is just a small time bomb on their hands.

Victor

Posted 2012-10-26T16:35:01+0000  by VicBSEE

Hi CurtG,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Ridgid batteries.  I would be happy to look into this for you.  Can you please email me at robert_care@homedepot.com and provide the details of when ypu purchased along with any information you have with registering your tools with Ridgid directly.

Thanks kindly,

Rob G

HD Customer Care

Socail Media Team

robert_care@homedepot.com

Posted 2012-10-26T21:12:52+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Hi VicBSEE,

Please email me at robert_care@homedepot.com and provide me with your contact information, store purchased tools from, and I will look into this for you.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks kindly,

Rob G

HD Customer Care

Social Media Team

robert_care@homedepot.com

Posted 2012-10-26T21:19:55+0000  by THDCustomerCare

This is tyoical corporate runaround BS,,,they never intended tro replacebatteries,,it gave them a leg up on Pakita,,,,Batteries are where the real money is,,,,,,likely they dont give the tools away and make you nuy the Batt's,,,,like the printers

Posted 2013-01-03T14:08:51+0000  by jakell2010

I have had 2 12V batteries and 2 18V batteries replaced under the lifetime warranty.  I live just a few miles from an authorized Ridgid service center and it was a breeze having them replaced.  In addition, Rigid tools are extremely durable and very well designed!

Posted 2013-02-08T17:54:47+0000  by LSBuilder
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+