Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

Reprint receipt with gift card purchase

Hello. 

I misplaced my receipt for a Rigid product that I’m trying to register on their website. I asked the Home Depot online chat if it was possible to retrieve a copy and the representative referred me to my local store. 

At the local store the associate tried to look it up by gift card number and was unsuccessful. She referred me back online. 

I’m not sure how to proceed and where I should inquire now. It was a electronic gift card purchased from PayPal if that makes any difference. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2021-01-27T04:37:28+0000  by Lojack Lojack

Hi Lojack,

You are going about this in the wrong manner.Trying to locate a gift card is like trying to find the last dollar bill you spent, it can't be done. If you used a debit or credit card for part of the purchase then the transaction can be traced through your bank. That will at least give you a purchase date. Still our stores process thousands of transactions every day and finding  your receipt even if we have a date will be just about impossible. 

I would suggest that you sign up for our ProXtra program, this service offers many benefits and keeps records of all of your Home Depot purchases, no matter how you paid for them.

This is a lesson for all of our customers, "Keep Your Receipts in a Safe Place" you never know when you will need them again, whether it is for warranty issues, tax purposes, or just a refund, it is very important to keep good records.

Mike
Posted 2021-01-28T21:13:13+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hello mike. 

I appreciate the reply. As I mentioned in my first post, I actually have the gift card number still and the in store associate tried to look it up using that. 

There’s another thread from quite some time ago that said this was possible to do if the gift card number was still known. Has this changed?
Posted 2021-01-28T22:49:04+0000  by Lojack
Here is the thread I mentioned in my previous post. The reply was from a HD rep

Posted 2021-01-28T22:51:44+0000  by Lojack
Hi Lojack,

That answer indicated that if you still have the gift card, the transaction can be looked up and you do not still have the gift card right? We need the gift card pin which is on the back of the card. Without the actual gift card and pin we cannot lookup the transaction.

Mike
Posted 2021-01-29T00:02:20+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hello mike. 

I have both the gift card number and pin. 
Posted 2021-01-29T15:14:02+0000  by Lojack
Hi Lojack,

Take that information to your local store, if the record is still in our system, they may be able to look it up. Remember gift card data is not retained in the system long term, as it is considered a form of payment. Gift card numbers and pins are not considered proof of any purchase and do not replace the actual receipt.

Mike
Posted 2021-02-01T20:18:24+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi mike. 

I’ve actually already been to the local store and the associate couldn’t figure out how to look up the receipt. She ended up referring be back online (where I started).  I created this thread to ask what I should do if the local store wasn’t able to assist. 

Should I try a different store?
Posted 2021-02-01T23:08:15+0000  by Lojack
Hi Lojack,

Go to your local store and ask for an Assistant Manager, they will be able to look up the gift card if the data is still in the system, As I stated earlier this data is not stored long term and may no longer be in our system. In addition privacy laws may prevent the release of this information. The store manager can tell you what info he or she can release.

Mike
Posted 2021-02-02T05:45:09+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+