Sign In to join the community | Help

Reverse threading black pipe

I bought my pipe from HD and you threaded it. I have tees on both ends of my pipes. I need one end "reverse" threaded so I can turn the pipe and both are connected. Can Home Depot do that?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-06-05T14:44:16+0000  by mswayne2008 mswayne2008
Hello mswayne2008, and welcome to the Community!

You ask a great question, you would need to call your local Home Depot to see if they can reverse thread for you, if not then you will need to check with your local plumbing supply store. 

In some cities, pipe union fittings are not allowed, so in those situations, the local hardware store or Home Depot would be carrying left/right threaded couplings and/or fittings to go along. 

Posted 2019-06-06T12:10:54+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Maybe because I'm not a plumber but I've never heard of the reverse (or left handed) pipe thread.  Learn something new every day!  
Posted 2019-06-08T22:17:54+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question