Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Seal Concrete or No?

Hi Community,

My wife and I recently moved into a home built in 2018. We hired a contractor to install sod and remove trees in our backyard. Their large trucks left tire marked and red dirt stains on our concrete driveway so I bought an electric pressure washer and cleaned the concrete.  I only pressure washed the bottom left section of the driveway. Now I’m reading stuff online saying that I have to seal my concrete driveway since I pressure washed it. It seems like an excessive cost just because I wanted to remove dirt and tire marks. What should i do?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-10-09T18:09:28+0000  by Shoestrang Shoestrang

Hello Shoestrang, and welcome to the Community!

My suggestion would be to seal the concrete! Sealing prevents or limits the amount of water penetration into the concrete and it also helps prevent or minimize spalling of the concrete surface. In the end, the concrete sealer will make your concrete more resistant to weather exposure, grease, water, oil stains and deicing salts. 

Some concrete companies will stamp their name in the surface, usually in the corner, if so, you may want to contact them to see what they used in the sealing process. 

~Angelo
Posted 2019-10-11T13:03:51+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+