Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Someone Else Signed for My Fridge, I Guess? And Now I Am Out Almost $500

When I ordered my appliances from the Home Depot app, I thought that Home Depot did their own deliveries. Turns out they contract local companies, which there is nothing wrong if everything goes correctly. But when things go wrong it makes contacting the correct person extremely hard. I have been talking to 3 different companies/departments and have had no luck in finding where my fridge is.

1. Homedepot.com
  2. The middle man (they will not give me the contact of the drivers or delivery company)
  3. The delivery company

I just moved into my new house and this has added more stress to the move. Here is my timeline:

• Oct 31: Ordered Through App and Chose Nov 3 for Delivery
    WA41359675
    Whirlpool 10.7 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in Monochromatic Stainless Steel
    Pex Plastic Water/ice Line
    Haul Away Your Old Appliance

•  Nov 1: Called to Change Delivery Date to Nov 10
    I ended up having to go to Arizona for work that weekend, worker said it was no problem

• Nov 10: No Delivery
    Called middle man to check on what happened
    They told me someone had signed for it and that they had delivered it on Nov 3

Since then, I have been going back and forth between the middle man and homedepot.com. They have given me the same number over and over. 1-800-455-3869 (middle man) and 1-800-430-3376 (homedepot).

Yeah so right now Home Depot is talking to the middle man who is talking to the delivery company to get a copy of the so called signature. It has been 3 weeks since I moved in and have no fridge, no place to put my food. But Home depot does have my $500. Will order from Amazon next time, sorry this has been an awful experience.

Any tips on how to fix this besides calling those two numbers would be very helpful?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-11-20T05:08:08+0000  by IsabelCA IsabelCA

Isabel,

You have far more patience than I do.  The first step is to contact your bank or credit card company and contest the charge (make sure you follow the required steps, including in writing).  That immediately pushes the responsibility on proving that you received the refrigerator back to Home Depot and you get $500 back in your account.

If you still want the refrigerator, I would go into your local store and talk to a manager to see how the situation can be resolved.
Posted 2018-11-20T12:15:56+0000  by Adam444
Thank you Adam,

I went ahead and did just that. I will have to wait 14 days for a response. Hopefully, I will get that money back.

I went ahead and ordered the same fridge from Best Buy, fingers crossed.

Thank you.
Posted 2018-11-21T02:15:27+0000  by IsabelCA

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+