Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Sprinkler System

Hello Experts,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with this tissue.  I have a Rain Bird system with six Hunter valves. All the sudden, all valves except valve 6 works. I tried the following.

1. Re-set the controller
2. Exchange wire from valve 6 to others.  All the ports from controller sends out the signal to valve 6 OK. This tells me the problem is probably not from the controller.
3. I manually turned the solenoids. They all work. 
4. I attempted to swap out one solenoid from the the non working five. No helps. 
5. I connected wires from valve 6 to another valve and manually turn controller 6 on, both valves work.

With the above experiment I have come to a conclusion, the valves/solenoids and controller are OK. The problem is somewhere else.  Could someone give me some ideas to trouble shoot this?  

Thanks.

David
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-05-14T19:41:13+0000  by DavidHT DavidHT

Hi DavidHT,

The issue could be your wiring, all the valves use a common white wire, there may be a short in the white wire leading to valve 6, replace the white wire leading to valve 6 and check all connections to assure continuity, finally test the system. If this fails I would replace the white or common wire all the way back to the controller.

Mike
Posted 2017-05-15T18:16:26+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+