Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Tankless Water Heaters

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice.  We are replacing our old tank heater with a new tankless water heater for efficiency as there is only 2 of us in a relatively average sized apartment.  I have been looking at reviews over here at http://tanklessheaterguide.com/ and was wondering what you think about electric tankless water heaters?  As i said we do not have much demand so I was thinking maybe an Ecosmart electric?

Looking forward to your help!

Thanks
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-09-08T17:46:16+0000  by TheDozer TheDozer

Hello TheDozer, and welcome to the Community!

We have info that will help you decide which one to heater to choose. Click here Electric Tankless Water Heaters, you will find all the brands Home Depot carries and their reviews. If you are installing yourself, you can also check out this link on How to Install an On-Demand Water Heater, there you will find a step by step explanation on how to do it. 

If you decide that you want to have it  professionally installed, click here, Tankless Water Heater Professional Installation, and we'll take care of it for you!

Angelo
Posted 2017-09-08T18:23:38+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
The question of cost savings is really going to come down to doing the math.  Compare the annual energy usage of a tank model to a tankless model, adjusting for local energy costs and your lifestyle.  I'd also suspect that the installation cost for a tankless will be higher because there will be more plumbing involved moving around pipes.  You mentioned "apartment" so if you live in a condo or other multifamily dwelling, I'd suspect the rules prohibit you from doing you own work so you'll need to factor in the cost of professional installation for both.

Electric tankless heaters have substantially higher circuit size requirements than tank water heaters.  So you'll need to determine in your electrical service will support the larger load and the cost of rewiring that circuit.

If you can't go tankless, then there are plenty of established methods for saving money with a tank heater from adding additional insulation to using a mechanical timer than turns the water heater on and off a set times.

Posted 2017-09-09T10:01:22+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+