Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Trending In the Aisles: Air Plants

I always say there is nothing like receiving a living gift; I am always so appreciative and thankful when someone gives me a potted plant.

Some people, on the other hand, see a plant gift and they immediately think they will kill it, or they have no time to take care of it, or where will they put it?  The plant will take up too much space, it will be messy, dirty…etc., etc.

Now comes the “Air Plant”- Tillandsia, the Air Plant will make even the most skittish, plant hater convert. These soil -less wonders can go anywhere, cousin of the Bromeliad plant, the plant enjoy filtered-indirect light, the "Air Plants" love a quick submerging soak, or a shower under the faucet weekly, or a lite daily misting. 

They don’t need ant messy, soil; they are so light they will survive in the thinnest glass vessel. The plant can just sit in a tiny seashell or on a stone; I have even seen them attached to magnets so they can grow hanging off the side of a refrigerator.

In their natural habitat, of the southeastern United States and throughout South America, the Tillandsia can be found growing and thriving on the bark of trees and hanging off of shrubs needing no soil, catching their moisture and nutrients from the air...hence the name.

This is the perfect plant for just about anyone…..the young, the elderly, first time homeowner, 

for a first apartment , a dorm dweller, even a plant hater…and  especially your Valentine!

Stop by your local Home Depot and check the availability and selection of “Air Plants” at your Home Depot. The Boston area has a wonderful selection right now, perfect for chasing away the dreary winter hues…and the winter blues!

Bring home a Tillandsia and enjoy the ease and the latest trend in greening up your indoor space!

Maureen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-01-31T18:06:11+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+