Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Trex Fencing

In May, I purchased sixteen 6x8 panels of Trex Seclusions Fencing on HomeDepot.com that cost me $6,835.64.  Due to the size and weight of the order, the shipper could not deliver to my house, so it was delivered to the Home Depot store in north Cape Coral.  It finally was delivered a couple of weeks later and the two huge pallets were placed in my garage.  Supposedly all of the pieces for the fence were in the order and the pallets were wrapped very securely in plastic.  We installed eleven of the sixteen panels in late July and, due to rainy season in August and then hurricane Irma in September, which left a lot of debris that had to be cleared, we were not able to install the remaining 5 panels until mid November.  When it came to installing the last panel, we discovered that ten of the vertical slats were missing.  For the past two weeks, I have been trying to get the ten slats that I paid for delivered to me.  Home Depot contacted the distributor who told them I would have to re-order and pay for the ten slats that I never got.  I'm sorry, but I do not think I should have to pay again for something I already paid for but never received!  Whoever put the order together for the distributor obviously miscounted and gave me 294 slats when I should have been sent 304 (16 panels times 19 slats per panel).  I spoke directly with the distributor today who said they supposedly have pictures of the order before it was shipped and have determined that they sent me the right number of slats, implying that either I, the shipper, or Home Depo did something with them. Totally frustrated and disappointed that after spending so much money, they will not send me the missing slats!  I kept everything in the garage until the fence was installed, so there is no way that the slats were stolen.  I am hoping you can help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-12-04T21:05:07+0000  by Marimiller55 Marimiller55

Topic
Categories+