Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Trying to find a Home Depot to replace batteries for Ridgid under the warrenty

Is there a list of Home Depots in DFW Texas area  that can help with the replacement of ridigid batteries under the lifetime warrenty?  I have checked  4 of the Home depot in my area and they gave all me a blank stare, then tell me they can't help.  But Ridigid say's that any Home Depot can help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-25T19:13:20+0000  by txhunter11 txhunter11

Hi Txhunter11,

Ridgid warrants its tools and batteries either for 3 years from the date of purchase or for the lifetime of the tool if you register the tool and the batteries with Ridgid.

Any battery or tool warranty claims must be submitted to a Ridgid service center. To find a Ridgid service center in your area, visit www.Ridgid.com/warranty  or call 1-866-539-1710.

Below is Ridgids’ warranty claim procedure.

How to Obtain Service

The Lifetime Service Agreement (if accepted), commences after the expiration of the standard RIDGID® 3 year Limited Warranty. To obtain service for this RIDGID tool on either the 3-year limited warranty, the Lifetime Service Agreement, or the recon limited warranty, you must bring the equipment, to an authorized RIDGID service center. You may obtain the location of the authorized service center nearest you by logging on to the RIDGID website at www.ridgid.com. When requesting service under the Lifetime Service Agreement, you must present your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number and proper personal identification (a valid driver’s license, passport, or military I.D. or a valid Social Security card with photo ID). If a cordless tool kit requires a battery/charger replacement, the tool console, battery and charger purchased together must be present for proper diagnosis and warranty verification.

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

Mike,

Posted 2013-03-25T19:43:02+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Mike,

I have the lifetime warrenty. The person at the 1-800 number told me the same thing that they have when I called 3 other times. Is that the Home Depot in my area should be able to help.  But people working at the service  and tool desk have no idea what I am takiing about. And the closet Ridgid service center is 80 miles away. So I was hoping Home Depot could help since Ridgid says they can.

Posted 2013-03-25T19:56:20+0000  by txhunter11

Hi Txhunter11,

Take your battery and any receipts you have to your local Home Depot. Once there ask to speak to an assistant manager, or the store manager.

Explain to them your situation with the battery and the extreme distance the service center is from your home.

Ask if they can assist you since sending the battery to the service center is a real hassle and will take considerable time and effort on your part.

While they are not obligated to honor the Ridgid warranty since it is Ridgid's warranty and not Home Depot's, we still want all of our customers to receive good timely customer service and taking care of the customer is our top priority.

If after speaking to the store management and you are still not satisfied please let me know and I will consult with our customer service folks in Atlanta.

Thanks for shopping at the Home Depot, we appreciate your business and want you to be satisfied with all of your purchases.

Mike,

Posted 2013-03-25T21:28:58+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Mike,

I went by Home Depot store close to my house today and I got the same story. The mananger would not help. You and Ridgid need to get yalls stories straight about how the battery replacement works. Since Ridgid has the understanding that Home Depot will test/help replace the batteries under the life time warrenty.

I am just going to sell my tool set and quit shopping Home Depot!

Posted 2013-03-26T19:54:27+0000  by txhunter11

Yep, the Rigid battery replacement is a scam. You register your product and, when you need a battery replaced, they say "sorry, can't find a registration record".

The lifetime warranty was why I bought a Rigid tool set at home depot in the first place. They require you send the original reciept with the registration, so you have trouble producing a reciept later to prove again that you purchased the tools. I will never buy Rigid again, and will let everyone I know that they deal in bad faith. Home Depot is out as far as I am concerned as well, Lowes here I come.

Posted 2013-03-26T23:02:16+0000  by asperobob

Trying to find a Home Depot to replace batteries for Ridgid under the warranty

The lifetime warranty was why I bought a Rigid tool set at home depot in the first place. They require you send the original reciept with the registration, so you have trouble producing a reciept later to prove again that you purchased the tools.

I will never buy Rigid again, and will let everyone I know that they deal in bad faith. Home Depot is out as far as I am concerned as well, Lowes here I come.

Posted 2013-03-26T23:06:26+0000  by asperobob

Hi txhunter11,

We apologize for the troubles you are experiencing while trying to exchange your batteries.  Our customer care team has helped many customers in your same position and would like the opportunity to assist you.  If you don't mind, please email Robert at robert_care@homedepot.com -- providing the details of the store you frequent, along with the serial # and model of the batteries in question.  (Also let him know if / when you registered your tools).  

We look forward to resolving this for you in a very timely manner.

Shelley

Posted 2013-03-27T13:47:39+0000  by Shelley_HD_CHI

Shelley i have sent a email to Robert.

I will let everyone know if the problem is resolved or not.

Posted 2013-03-28T19:25:33+0000  by txhunter11

Just to update anyone watching this form.

I have not heard from anyone other than Robert at Home Depot. So I have sold my tools and quit shopping Home Depot after this experience. I am also telling everyone I know to stop supporting Home Depot for their lack of waiting to help and for pushing everything back on Ridgid. The Ridgid pushing back say they have an agreement with Home Depot to help get the batteries replaced.

If anyone it thinking about buy tools from Home Depot I would strongly suggest them to go somewhere like Sear or Lowes where they take care of their customers.

Posted 2013-04-05T19:16:52+0000  by txhunter11

Hi, Philip.

We apologize that we were not able to resolve this for you with the information we were provided. We would still be happy to assist if you can email your phone number to us. Thank you.

- Nicki

Posted 2013-04-05T19:44:45+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+