Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Tub sprayer replacement

My tub sprayer broke off, and I'm not sure how to
1. Get the current fixture removed
2. Find a replacement part. I'm not sure I"m using the right search term, since most of what I get are dog shower sprayers or spray nozzles that fit over the main faucet.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-14T17:16:42+0000  by Wvmonica Wvmonica

Hi Wvmonica,

We would need to know the manufacturer of the faucet, if we have that data then we can look up parts and installation information. Without that information it becomes a guessing game. I would have a plumber come in and look at it. He or she may have seen similar faucets in your area and know how to repair it.


Posted 2018-05-14T18:54:26+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Guessing game it is then. Nobody in my area has anything even remotely like my house. They are all historical farm properties.

Posted 2018-05-14T23:15:33+0000  by Wvmonica
Hello Wvmonnica.

Removing the current broken fixture will require access to the underside of the tub rim.  Hopefully there is an access panel on the opposite side of the pictured wall which will allow fixing of the drain, trap and of course the faucet assemblies.  It's either that or some strange access from underneath.  In order to repair your current faucet, you will have to remove at least the broken part.

In searching for either parts or a replacement faucet, try "Roman Tub Faucet".  Roman tub faucets are a style that mount on the top rim of bath tubs.  They can be purchased either as just a high volume tub filler, or in combination with a sprayer like you have.


Posted 2018-05-15T13:26:14+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question