Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Using PayPal in the store is not working

Using PayPal in the store at check out is not working. I have checked paypal settings and every thing is set up right. I have been using paypal in store for a long time but now its not working and I have to pay with another credit card. The cashiers don't have a clue about what the problem is. The payment terminal asks for your phone number. You enter it, then it does not ask for your pin and asks for another form of payment.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-04T18:01:20+0000  by Mike33773 Mike33773

Hi Mike33773,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

As long as your settings are correct, you should be able to use your PayPal account in store. 

Just to verify, you can check your settings in the link found here.

The cashiers are there to ring you up; they won't have (and neither would I even if I was there myself) any information on troubleshooting any P.O.S. systems.

Other than trying another terminal, this would be the only solution without getting more information from you. 

Be sure to double check this from PayPal as well as your local Home Depot store for future purchases. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns,

Joseph

Posted 2016-09-05T16:22:06+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hello,

I am glad you posted this here.  I have tried twice over the past 3 weeks to pay at the register using paypal credit.  Each time I loaded my basket, went to the register and it could not complete the transaction.

I called PayPal each time and the DID verify there was a system change at Home Depot (approximately 3 weeks ago) and they have been having problems ever since.  They have NOT communicated this to Home Depot as the stores I wen to in Washington state also did not know about it.

I attempted to call this morning before I went to the store, but Customer Service is closed for the holiday.

Once again - PayPal credit is not working when attempting to pay in-store. Other forms of PayPal ARE working and the reason for that is they are separate systems.  So when you attempt a transaction on anything else but PayPal credit, then it works.

Home Depot, please contact PayPal and have them verify.  Being a IT systems consultant, it baffles me why they would not inform Home Depot staff that there is problem.

Thank you

Posted 2016-09-05T18:55:27+0000  by BEBRIGHT
I apologize for the spelling mistakes :(
Posted 2016-09-05T18:56:18+0000  by BEBRIGHT
Hi, I have been using PayPal in your store in South Everett, WA for a few years and now it has stopped working.  Of course your cashiers don't know why as I'm sure, like a majority of retail stores in the US, you want to keep them dumbed down so they can continue to be your min wage robots instead of enhancing them and their skills and knowledge to make them better employees.

Can you get please get your IT folks to go in and fix the problem please, you are putting a major delay on my project and summer is going away fast and I would like to have this completed before it starts getting nasty outside.
Posted 2016-09-09T01:35:59+0000  by bluebyu64gp
As stated above, I've also been unsuccessful in using PayPal at my local Home Depot despite using it successfully for several months. One of of the issues may be an "improved" PayPal website.  I followed Joseph's suggestions to the PayPal website, but when I tried to verify my phone number and PIN, I couldn't find a straight forward route to do so in the PayPal settings. I finally removed all the other phone numbers in my account, made my mobile the primary number, and followed a link to changing the PIN on the mobile device. PayPal appears to have gone out of their way to make this difficult to do since their isn't anything called "Using PayPal at Merchants". But that would have been too easy. 
Posted 2016-09-12T22:08:34+0000  by stevemiller99
Ive been using PayPal for a long time as well and as of 3 weeks not its not working. Can you guys please get your IT dept to fix this? Ignoring the problem isnt going to fix it or make it go away.
Posted 2016-09-13T19:33:46+0000  by Wiley714
I used PayPal several times earlier this year but the least approximately two months, every time I try to use PayPal at the register, it goes in and endless loop of asking me for my phone number. Never asks me for my pin. Just asks for phone number, I type it in, then it cancels out to the main scream. This head been quite frustrating as I have a big project I want to do and can't use my PayPal to pay for it. Of course, the cashiers have no idea and never offer to have IT or a manager look at it. They just assume I have no money and are disinterested in investigating any further. Maybe I'll just have to go to lowes and see if they want my money. I've already found several threads of people with the same complaint and it seems Home Depot refuses to admit they have a problem. 
Posted 2016-10-02T17:28:10+0000  by Uknowmack
Does anyone know if this has been resolved as of yet?
Posted 2017-03-20T13:33:23+0000  by Ed99

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+