Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Web Catalog API

Do you offer your online catalog as a web api for developers who would like to leverage your catalog within their own applications?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-11T01:19:23+0000  by wrsuarez wrsuarez

Is there an answer to this? Thank you

Posted 2013-04-10T19:35:46+0000  by tnonmacher

I am also insterested in this.

Anyone found a solution or script to scrape this site for product info?

Posted 2013-05-23T18:06:58+0000  by modernmagic

Wouldn't it be super cool if a Customer Care Representative actually checked these forums and answered questions that obviously many people have.

Come on Home Depot. Simple yes or no.

Posted 2013-06-07T19:45:45+0000  by thunderfroggum

Hey there thunderfroggum and everyone else,

Thanks so much for your question on this. My apologies about not having someone reply to you sooner on this issue, we definitely do care about responding to your questions promptly. 

I myself can't give you a yes or no answer on that one simply for the fact that my programming skills are novice at best, but I do understand what you're looking for and I want you to know that I've forwarded the question to the appropriate party that will be able to give us all an answer on this one.

In the meantime, and if you haven't already, please see the memo below in my signature for opting to subscribe to this topic and when I've heard back about it, we'll be sure to pass along the answer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )
Posted 2013-06-07T20:25:09+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Hi All - Home Depot currently has web api for the online catalog. But this is at this point limited access. If you are interested, please submit your request at the following for consideration

http://developer.homedepot.com/node/55

Posted 2013-06-07T20:47:26+0000  by fireix

Thank you for your response, I didn't mean to sound like such a **bleep**, I was just a little frustrated.

Cheers,

Posted 2013-06-07T21:41:12+0000  by thunderfroggum

Don't even bother applying you guys, I spoke to the head of internet commerce who said, "...our company will not open API’s to customers."

Seems to me like there isn't much of a point allowing us "customers" to apply for approval if it's a fruitless process, especially when no one plans to respond to the request even to deny it.

Unless you move up the chain and speak to a higher up directly, don't expect to hear back at all.

Little bit of a slap in the face, Home Depot. Thanks.

Posted 2013-06-18T17:43:55+0000  by thunderfroggum

That's not good.

I am building a website for a company that buys pallettes of unsellables from Homedepot and needs to gather all the info off HD's site in order to resell each item.  

Currently, the company has to search the HD site and copy paste the info.

I was hoping to hire a programmer to create a way to get that info off the site automatically.

At this rate the company, does not have the resources to buy more palettes of items unless they can save time and effort on a more effiecient way to gather this info.  

So in the end, if HD doesn't have an API or I can't figure out how to accomplish the client's goals then HD will loose the additional sales of the unsellable bulk palettes.

Posted 2013-06-18T18:59:43+0000  by modernmagic

Home Depot should recognize that by not opening the API (or at least letting developers have access) they're going to inevitably lose business. Maybe there's a good reason, but I can't see how giving developers access to the API could be harmful at all to business, security, etc.

I understand it's a beta, but that's why you give developers access to test the features and find the bugs.

Oh well...

Posted 2013-06-18T19:08:27+0000  by thunderfroggum

Has anyone been approved for API access? We've applied but also haven't heard anything back yet. 

Posted 2013-09-04T17:22:43+0000  by davidjackson19

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+