Sign In to join the community | Help

What kit do I need to convert a new Kenmore gas range to propane?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-06T00:13:55+0000  by nalsmith nalsmith

Since Kenmore is sold by Sears (and a few other places) it might be best to contact them.  You'll need the model number which will be in a format like 123.123456


You can also order parts online at Sears Parts Direct.

Posted 2013-12-06T00:21:18+0000  by Adam444

Hello nalsmith.  Welcome to the Community!


While I can't speak to exactly the part numbers you will need to accomplish this, I can give you an idea of what to expect.


Just like with gas grill conversions, your range will need different fuel flow control for each burner.  The reason for this is that natural gas is supplied to appliances at relatively low pressure, and propane comes in at much higher pressures.

This can mean different gas valves, or often just a "jet" or inlet orifice change in the valves.


As Adam444 replied, you will need to contact Sears for these parts as a number of manufactures supply equipment sold under the Kenmore name.





Posted 2013-12-06T21:09:30+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question