Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

What window treatments allow the most natural light to come in even when they are closed, but also h

What window treatments allow the most natural light to come in even when they are closed, but also have a high level of privacy when closed? I am sensitive to cost, so shutters are not an option, but I would like something that looks nicer than the one inch vinyl blinds. However, I do like that even when (white) vinyl blinds are completely closed, natural light still comes in, something that I don't think would happen with the better looking two inch faux wood blinds. I also like having the ability to open the blinds and see outside, without having to pull the blinds all the way up. Suggestions?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-08T19:42:02+0000  by Liz4771 Liz4771

Hello Liz4771 and welcome to the Community.

A cellular shade will allow natural light in while closed but will have to be either raised or lowered to see outside. Cellular shades come with and without cords and can be designed to open from both bottom up and top down.

Another option is Solar Roller Shades or Pleated shades.

Visit the Home Depot  Window Treatment site to see a complete overview of all your possible options.

You can also visit your local Home Depot to see and touch samples of materials for all the different styles of window treatment.

Unfortunately your parameters are hard to meet but I believe you could find a design that will add the upgrade you desire without to much compromise.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-10-10T16:18:45+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+