Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

White Flag on white flies

How do you get whiteflies gone, and gone for GOOD!??
 I made the mistake of bringing home a plant from a white fly infested Walmart before I knew how awful the little buggers are, and now my entire garden is overrun with them. Their literally sucking the life out of my once thriving plants -especially the babies! The frost hasn't killed them all yet, what can I do please??? I am desperate for help, i've tried lots of things already, but any more ideas are appreciated!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-12-07T23:53:07+0000  by Swann Swann

Hi Swann.

I am so sorry to hear about your whitefly infestation.  I have had that problem with my hibiscus in the past.  It seems that fall is a prime breeding time for the whitefly. 

One thing that has been effective has been to remove the heavily infested leaves and then to us a mix of Malathion and a pesticide oil like Volck Oil from Ortho or you can use a Neem Oil spray.  Spray the infected areas and repeat as needed.

Insecticidal Soap is also effective but must be applied regularly.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/Neem%2520Oil?NCNI-5

You can also use a  product like Bayer Advanced 2-in-1 Systemic Rose and Flower Care.  It is a fertilizer and a pesticide.  The pesticide in the Bayer Advanced 2-in-1 is pulled into the system of the plant thru the root system and will make the plant taste bad to the insect.  It can last up to 6 weeks on a single application.

White Flies are very prevalent and it will take regular inspections to assure that they are not affecting your plants. 

I hope this has been helpful.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance,

Rick_HD_OC

Posted 2017-12-08T18:01:10+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+