Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Who does wall furnace installation?

Hello.

I live in San Diego. Our wall furnace is from the 1970s (Montgomery Ward brand!) and needs to be replaced.

I'd like to buy the Williams Direct-Vent Garage Wall Furnace, 30,000 BTU Natural Gas with Wall or Cabinet-Mounted Thermostat.

I'm not comfortable installing it myself and am struggling to find someone who can install it. When I called the Home Depot installation services line, I was transferred to a local (San Diego) heating/cooling company and they said they don't install these furnaces. I asked if they could tell me who does and they said they didn't know.

Are there any companies in San Diego that provide installation service for these? Is this something a handyman service can handle, or should I go with an electrician or other professional?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-03T20:08:18+0000  by riko riko

Hello riko and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here. 

The Home Depot has a service called RedBeacon which connects qualified pros with exclusive job requests from homeowners for their home-service needs.  There are several service areas across the country (more are coming soon).  I contacted the Los Angeles office who said that you should contact them for help with your wall furnace project in San Diego.  You can contact them directly at the link above, call them at 1-855-RBEACON (1-855-723-2266), or visit your local store for more assistance.

Best wishes with your project.

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-12-04T15:10:41+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Thanks, DesigningWoman.

I contacted RedBeacon and they posted the job. Unfortunately I got no replies. So I'm back at square one.

Posted 2012-12-06T19:16:54+0000  by riko

Hello riko.  I spoke to a RedBeacon supervisor who told me that there may not be enough professionals in your area since the RedBeacon is a new program.  The supervisor asked me to have you call them at 1-855-723-2266 and ask about the Quick Repair options available.  Mention our posts on The Home Depot Forum. 

Best wishes with your project. 

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-12-14T15:24:26+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+