Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Why do I not get a military discount anymore?

The last three times I made purchases I was told the item I was buying did not qualify for the discount. After the third time I started to go to Lowe’s and they have never denied me the military discount. I have started recommending Lowe’s to all my fellow veterans.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-09-06T00:39:41+0000  by USCGveteran USCGveteran

I don’t work for Home Depot but my understanding is that they have always restricted the military discount to active duty and retired veterans with the exception of a few days per year like Memorial Day.  The discount, for the most part, only applied to regularly priced items items purchased in-store.

Recently Lowe’s as also increased the restrictions on the items a military discount can be used on, much like Home Depot.  I don’t know about online purchases but in-store purchases now require government issued ID.  It doesn’t have to be military ID but unfortunately so many people were abusing the program that they now require ID.
Posted 2019-09-07T11:28:14+0000  by Adam444
I experienced the same issue as you. If the article is on special they don't apply the military discount. On my opinion now they treat the military and veteran as any other people when they have offers. Is very sad HD treat the veteran as regular people when are special. A good logic can be it is an special at least provide a bigger discount than the normal civilian people. We need to be grateful to our veterans.
Posted 2019-09-09T06:23:20+0000  by hmarrero
It is a shame that Home Depot is willing to lose business to Lowes with their failure to implement an online discount to the military. Lowes system works very well, both in store and online. The potential for profit gain increases tremendously because so many more items can be carried online than in the store.
Posted 2019-09-14T17:32:54+0000  by July51

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+