Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Outdoor Living

Widening a concrete driveway with pavers 2 ft on both sides

Desire to widen my driveway approximately 2 feet both sides, using pavers. Use similar pavers to edge my landscaping.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-12-14T04:26:47+0000  by MrPhysics MrPhysics

Hey MrPhysics,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

You didn't specifically ask if you wanted to know how to install pavers to expand your existing driveway.

For a great how-to guide on installation, please click here for more information.

Be aware that in your situation, you'll need to take special care on where the pavers meet the existing edge of the driveway. Also, using a border at the end of the 2ft. mark can help reduce the amount of shifting throughout its lifespan.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2015-12-14T20:36:24+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hello MrPhysics and welcome to the Community,

In addition to Joseph reply I would like to point out that not all pavers are rated for vehicular traffic.  Make sure you choose the proper type for your purpose.  If you need assistance finding vehicular rated pavers in your area a associate at the contractor sales desk in your local Home Depot would be happy to assist.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2015-12-15T13:45:31+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
I  concur with Char, MrPhysics!

If your intent is decorative, simply proceed by digging out soil, laying the appropriate layers of base, installing pavers, filling gaps with polymeric sand, and applying a sealer to the finished project.

However, if you intend this surface to be "drive-on" ready, you'll need to use something other than garden pave stone.

Your local Garden Associate or Building Material Associate will be the best source for product recommendations.
Posted 2015-12-15T16:34:32+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+