Sign In to join the community | Help
Storage & Organization

Will HD Shed Install Services also install the foundation necessary?

I need to get a shed for my new home and I have zero knowledge or skills when it comes to building/fixing things.

In any case, I want to buy a shed from home depot, but everything seems to indicate that I need to set the foundation up first, mainly gravel with beams the correct dimensions, ancors, etc.

My question is - does Home Depot do this as part of their Install services? If not, what route can I go? :(

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-26T19:49:45+0000  by Naudan Naudan

Hey Naudan.

I am not sure where you live, as some rules may vary from region to region. Here is how it is done for the most part here with shed installs in and around Atlanta.

Our shed installs have wood floor kits included that can be put on deck blocks. It is the responsibility of the home owner to provide enough room for the shed and to get the ground level to 4 inches. It does not have to be perfectly level, just fairly level. They can level it the rest of the way with blocks. In some cases, with larger sheds, the home owner may be asked to get a building permit as well. You shouldn't have to do anything with gravel or beams to my knowledge.

Your local store can help you decide which shed will be right for you and once you set up the install, the builder will call you for any questions that you might have about the process.

Tell me where you live and I will see about getting us in touch with the builder ahead of time.

Posted 2013-09-26T20:21:30+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

I live in Northern NJ, Zip: 07035.

My town does require a permit, so I assume I would be responsible to get one.

Would a 10x10 shed install on just deck blocks? Also - is this any shed I buy at home depot, or only certain ones? 

Posted 2013-09-26T20:31:17+0000  by Naudan

Hey Naudan.

Home Depot does sell some shed kits that are precut, that you install yourself but they also install other sheds. In some states you don't need a permit for a 10 x 10 shed.

If the ground is level then you don't need to use blocks because they use pressure treated lumber.

I talked to my Riverdale store on State Rt 23 and they told me that the installer is Sheds USA 866-616-2685. I called them and told me to contact the builder Steven at 862-368-4149 or Bill at 856-375-7494.

I tried ringing their phones but it was after 5 so their voicemail picked up.

Try Steven or Bill tomorrow between 8 and 5. Let me know what you find out and I will stay with you as long as it takes to get the questions answered.

Posted 2013-09-26T21:25:38+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+