Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Window AC units

I know I will not get any credit for this, but does Home Depot take old window AC units? Say I want to buy a new one yet I have no idea what to do with my old one. Can Home Depot take my old AC window unit?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-06-25T21:58:49+0000  by JuPMod JuPMod

Hello JuPMod, and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately Home Depot does not collect or recycle window A/C unit, I suggest you check with your village and see if they have any suggestion, if they don't, my suggestion would be to check online to see who near you does recycle. 

Angelo
Posted 2019-06-27T11:56:58+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Hi JuPMod,

Angelo has you on the right track, with the current restrictions on the handling of Freon gas, many disposal companies won't touch them. Call your city or county for the location of an appliance recycling center in your area.

Mike
Posted 2019-06-27T21:02:37+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hello JuPMod.

It is not unusual for electric utility companies to recycle appliances like refrigerators, freezers and window air conditioners.  Some even offer money for them.  This is the case here in Chicagoland, as well as in New York, but your area in New Jersey seems to have competing utilities.  Thus I do not know if/who might be able to help.  Contact your electricity supplier or look online to see what they might offer.

Chris.
Posted 2019-06-28T15:07:16+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+