Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Would love to find the closest match for a custom color

Hi, 

My place is in need of a touch-up job here and there. I don't have any old paint can, but have a photo of the custom paint label from 2015. If possible, I'd like to find the closest match to the existing commercial brand paint color instead of getting it custom-matched at a store. 

The base is Kilz Pro-X 310 White. Below is the colorant ratio:

Colorant  BL    CL   IL

Oz             3      0     0

384th       58   260   65

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-01-13T20:39:37+0000  by EunHye EunHye

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking but most paint is "custom" in sense that it's mixed from a formula using one of three or four bases.  Having the store color match what you have isn't any more expensive than just picking a color off of a swatch and would likely give you a better color match.  Of course, matching paint that has been on the wall for any period of time can be a challenge.

Posted 2020-01-13T23:37:07+0000  by Adam444

Greetings EunHye, 

You can go right to the Pro Desk at the Fairfax, Home Depot to get help with your question. Your Home Depot Pro account will have on record all the custom paints that you have purchased along with the formula code that you displayed here there should be no problem. 

Bring the image of the formula label to the Fairfax, Home Depot and speak with your Pro account associate, you may not need another 5 gallons as displayed on that label be sure to request the amount of paint that you need. 

Happy touch-ups! 

Maureen 

Posted 2020-01-16T13:39:32+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+