Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

Answered

X- Wing Film Set

Hello there, 
    I have added a picture of an X-wing set i am building for a short film i am creating. I was wondering if people could add links to stuff i might need to help build this and look as real as possible. I would appreciate the help! Just add a link if you know at least one thing i might need. i know i need drain pipes (accordion pipes) and some wood....what else though?

x- wing picture
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-02-23T18:35:30+0000  by tyler2646 tyler2646

Hello Tyler2646,

Welcome to the community.

What a fun project.

Here are a couple of things that I came up with.

You could use water filter cartridges or PVC for the Hydraulic cylinders on the sides.  I would just add 2 wood blocks to the top and bottom with long pieces of all thread and nuts or smooth rods to hold it together at all 4 corners. It could have ¼” poly tubing coming out of it held in place with brass compression fittings.

Drain grates, a Speedi-Grille or Steel Foundation Vents come in many different sizes and shapes so you could use them for any of the areas that need the vented look.

Another good line of products that can be used for many different things in your project are located in the electrical department. Electrical boxes also known as junction boxes come in round, square or rectangular and many different sizes and there are a wide variety of covers available for them. They are available in either metal or plastic.

That should give you a pretty good start to making your X-Wing Film Set.

Good luck on your build and let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Best Answer

Posted 2016-02-24T17:53:23+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Greetings Tyler2646,

Here's my 2 cents, you could use 2" Flexible Aluminum Conduit for the tubing behind the pilot. For the cage surrounding the pilot you could use Steel Angle or Aluminum Angle for the outer perimeter with plexiglass fastened to the Angle. 

For the jet engines you could use rain barrels with the top & bottom cut out, and use the pieces you cut out to fashion the turbine inside. 

Please post pictures of your progress, and may the force be with you!

Posted 2016-02-25T14:28:49+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+