Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

attaching a wooden threshold to concrete...

hello all hope all are well im trying to attach a threshold between bedroom and hallway. the thing is i tried construction glue...it failed. any other suggestions? thanks
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-02-09T15:20:01+0000  by nycemsdinomedic nycemsdinomedic

You didn’t say what the threshold is made of but PL Premium construction adhesive sticks to about anything. You’ll need to remove any old adhesive and make sure the threshold isn’t disturbed for about 24 hours.

The next step would be drilling holes into the concrete and using either screws and plastic anchors or special concrete screws called Tapcons. Obviously this requires a drill and a masonry drill bit.
Posted 2020-02-09T20:30:58+0000  by Adam444
Hi nycemsdinomedic,

Tapcon screws are the best option, as they will hold the threshold in place and make it much easier to replace when the time comes. Tapcon screws use specific Tapcon bits so be sure to buy the bit with the screws to assure the proper size pilot hole. The bit size is specified on the screw package. A hammer drill will make this job a lot easier.

Mike
Posted 2020-02-10T21:29:40+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Excellent information dear. I used screws to secure mine, it's really amazing coursework point and how tight they grab with just the screws down in there. Very nice info, helped me out a lot!
Posted 2020-02-20T08:32:11+0000  by Ashleej
Hello dear! We are good at all. Many of us do stained concrete floor installations and often come up with coursework writing services situations where our  floors butt up to other areas that is the most terrible situation for us. 
Posted 2020-03-07T05:34:20+0000  by itsmonika
You have done a nice work. This information are important for any new student. It will help them to improve there worth. Here are some thing more.

Posted 2020-04-22T10:29:25+0000  by Zoya

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+