Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

careers

Any way that I could find out some more about an overnight Merchandising (MEA) position at Home Depot? I reached out through Facebook and was given the site to apply. I see the job description but was wondering if these are Full Time positions as well as any other info anyone can give about what the job is like etc. I don't know where else to ask! Thank you.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-03-05T22:42:18+0000  by jk4321 jk4321

I don't work for Home Depot but I can tell you a little about the Merchandising Execution Team (MET).  At least around here there are two teams, day and night.  The night team typically handles more complex projects but all center around merchandising which is a fancy way of saying moving product around the shelves, adding new product, removing old, etc.  As I said, the night team handles more complex projects which often involve moving beams, removing old fixtures, installing new ones, and, of course, merchandising product.  It can be highly physical and somewhat dirty work.

Of the skills required to be successful, I'd say:

•  Attention to detail.  Some bays will have hundreds of items in them that must go in the correct place as specified by the planogram.
    • The ability to work without direct supervision to complete a task on time and properly.
    • Some mechanical aptitude.  The ability to read a tape measure, use basic hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.), and basic power tools like a drill or impact driver.  While not absolutely essential, if you like working on your car or DIY projects around the house, then night MET might be good fit for you.
    • The ability to work as part of a team.  Depending on the scope of the project you may be directly working with 1 to 10 other people to complete a task.

I can't speak for job availability but I know there are both full and part time MET associates.  You may have to start as part time and work your way up to full time. 

I might suggest that instead of Facebook, you contact the MET supervisor and/or manager (they are two different positions) of the store you would like to work at.  You'll still need to do an online application and all the stuff associated with that but talking to an actual person might be helpful.

Good luck!

Posted 2017-03-06T11:05:26+0000  by Adam444

Greetings jk4321,

The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Team offers a wide variety of career opportunities. Check out this link to the MET site, I hope this helps answer a few of your questions, and you jump on the MET career path at the Home Depot it will take you many places!

I am a store associate, along with contributing to this forum, I work along side the MET team at my Home Depot, they are a great asset to our store. The MET team sets up and merchandises the fresh, new, innovative and seasonal items that come into our stores; the MET team also revamps existing fixtures, end caps and displays daily, it is an exciting, ever-changing job that is a fundamental part of the Home Depot family.

Let us know if you have any other questions,     Maureen

Posted 2017-03-07T18:42:51+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
    Thank you! I know it's been a while. Had actually put my search on hold but here I am again. I would love to start off as a FT night shift MEA. There's no way I can do part time but I love overnights. I have done them for the past 6 years. Any idea of the shift or the starting pay?
    Posted 2017-06-17T06:31:17+0000  by jk4321

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
    Categories+