Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

ceiling fan light won't turn off

item #1000 817 067, 1000 507 386
model #71508, 71608
CUL model #44-MDL
I have had this fan installed for about 10 months.  As of a few days ago, i'm unable to turn off the light completely with the remote.  when i attempt to, the light dims to a very low light, but won't completely turn off.  i have attempted a reset from the remote, didn't do anything.  I have also flipped off/on the breaker to the fan, and didn't work. 
If i hold the light button, it will dim down and up as it's supposed to.  but when i push the button to turn it off, it just dims to a very low level.  only way to turn it off completely is to turn off at the light switch.
Could this be a defective module inside the fan?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-07-31T17:43:13+0000  by Kevfet Kevfet

Hey Kevfet,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Considering you've done your own bit of troubleshooting already, I'm with you in thinking the issue lies in the receiver for the remote control located inside the ceiling fan.

If the fan is a Hampton Bay, you can contact them directly. If you aren't aware of the brand and has no markings, then you can do a quick internet search to see what brand it is. 

This is very important to know; as certain models of ceiling fans have their receiver (module as you call it) inside the fan below the motor. If that's the case, you'll have to contact the manufacturer directly for a proper replacement of both receiver and remote (they are always paired/sold that way).

If the receiver is above the fan motor inside the ceiling canopy, then you can simply visit your nearest Home Depot or go online here on our site and pick up a new universal ceiling fan remote/receiver.

Again, they are always sold/paired together because of the specific frequencies they have.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2020-08-05T21:08:02+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+