Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Indoor Decor

free standing wall

I'm moving in to a studio apartment, it has a separate bedroom area and a separate living room area just nothing separating the two.I want to make a free standing pallet wall type thing but I'm just not quite sure how to get started or what to do. I'm not sure of the dimensions yet, but it won't need to be a very big wall. Something simple and easily moveable. Any help would be very much appreciated. :) wall.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-05-08T20:13:22+0000  by crystal246 crystal246

Hello crystal246 and welcome to the community.

The photos you used are a pretty basic and simple enough to do but you must remember that if you are in an apartment they must be small enough to fit through the door. There are several ways to go about this. 

Since you need them to be portable one possibility would be to construct several narrower panels to the desired height and install them in a slotted base so they can be broken down and moved.  Another way would be to again create your panels and fix them to each other using hinges that open in alternating directions and it would stand on its own like regular room divider.

You may consider pre-built room dividers as seen here on the Home depot web site.  There is quite a variety of style.  There is one model divider that also is a bookcase. Another you can mount photos on and has a mirror as the center panel.. See a few in the following photos.

With more information on your dimensions and your building experience, I could come up with other suggestion.  Please keep me informed.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2015-05-14T16:05:59+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Hey Crystal246,

The dividers will help you set the spaces apart, but don't overlook the Black Out Curtain Liner to help your keep the daylight out during those daytime naps.

I use black out curtains in my home and find them very helpful when I simply don't want to be disturbed ... they reduce noise as well.
Posted 2015-08-20T17:05:18+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Hello again Crystal246!

My good friend HD116 wrote about DIY Room Dividers and included step-by-step for an elegant finished piece.

Click the link to have a look.
Posted 2015-08-20T17:16:39+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+