Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

hampton bay ceiling fan model 54-or

i just bought a house and the last owner did not leave the remote. I bought a replacement remote, just a universal one, and i am looking for the manual to do this, we took the light off, and the electrical housing is not there, do we have to go up in the rafters?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-04-12T13:32:42+0000  by Qiley Qiley

Hello Qiley and welcome to The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

The Hampton Bay Team can help you.  Contact them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  You will need to provide the UPC for your ceiling fan.  You can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan.  If you are not able to locate the sticker, the Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address to send a photo of your ceiling fan for proper identification.

Best wishes on your project.

Posted 2018-04-12T16:10:20+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Hello Qiley.

The receiver for your fan is not located down in the light kit section of the fan.  You will find it under the canopy that hugs the ceiling.  The universal remote you bought should have also come with a replacement receiver.  You will need to remove the canopy to access the old receiver, remove it and replace it with the new one.  Make SURE you have turned off all electrical power to this fan before you do this.  This means turning off the appropriate circuit breaker at your main electrical box.

The Hampton Bay folks Eileen mentioned should be able to provide a link to a downloadable owner's manual.

Chris.

Posted 2018-04-13T16:45:25+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+