Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

how to drill hole in media console

What saw attachment is used to make circular holes on back of media console?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-22T04:51:26+0000  by Girl2workout Girl2workout

How big of a hole?  For bigger holes you can use a hole saw.  They come in sizes from about 3/4" to 6".

I'd drill from the good side and go slow.  The material used for the back of media cabinets is usually pressboard and it's pretty easy to "blow out" the back side of a hole.

Posted 2014-01-22T12:40:20+0000  by Adam444

Hey Girl2workout,

Adam444 already recommends a great item to use to cut the holes, but I'd like to recommend a hole cover afterwards.

This is done since cutting a hole can create a jagged edge that can also look a bit unsightly even if it was sanded down.

Shown below these hole covers come in a variety of sizes, generally no larger than 2.5 inches in diameter.

2-1/2 in. Furniture Hole Cover - Black2 in. Furniture Hole Cover - White2 in. Furniture Hole Cover - Beige

This will give you a more professional look after the hole has been cut. Plus, it eliminates the chance of any cords fraying from the roughness of the hole that was just cut.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-22T13:57:45+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Joseph,

I should have added the hole covers...

I would suggest, especially for vertical surfaces, a little bead of clear silicone under the lip the cover will help keep it in place.

Posted 2014-01-23T03:27:32+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+