Sign In to join the community | Help

kitchen faucet drama

Bought a kitchen faucet with 1/2 in. female connector lines. The water valves is attached to a pvc pipe that is a push/pull kind with hose connector that does not fit and can not be removed! Can the pvc pipe be fitted with an adapter so a new valve can be installed?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-01T14:47:26+0000  by lavinnie lavinnie

Hi lavinnie,


Based on your description this is a quick disconnect hose fitting on the pipe. Why would this be inside your home?


Are you installing this faucet on a wet bar outside?


If this is an inside connection I would have a plumber rework the piping to make for a correct and safe water connection which meets code.


If the connection is outside, you may buy a hose to pipe adaptor for the transition. 


This adaptor has hose thread on one end and pipe thread on the other.


Attach it to the current fitting and then you faucet supply line can be attached to the adaptor.



Posted 2013-08-01T19:47:06+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Thx Mike and you're right! I recently purchased this home and finding out there's a lot of things wrong with place that I have to fix. I had a feeling I would need to call a plumber to fix the problem--which I was trying to avoid! I guess being a homeowner I am going to run into to stuff like this that the previous owner left for me to deal with!
Posted 2013-08-01T21:28:45+0000  by lavinnie
dear lavinnie, i'm so sorry to hear that your kitchen faucet problem. but i'm wondering where do you buy it? because i'm a plumber, but never suffer this trouble before.
Posted 2013-08-02T03:15:56+0000  by ardita
I assume you're referring to the faucet? I bought it at Home Depot.
Posted 2013-08-02T04:02:31+0000  by lavinnie
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question