Sign In to join the community | Help
Storage & Organization

Answered

shelves for my tv

I just moved in my new apartment. I have no funiture. So to save money I wanted to put up shelves for my tv and ps3 instead of spending 60-100 dollars on a wall mount. I have a 32'' Vizio LCD tv. At max the tv weight 30lbs maybe less. 

Do you have any suggestions on how I should go about setting this up and placement where the shelf will support the tv?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-04T08:09:40+0000  by YoungCollegeMan YoungCollegeMan

Hello YoungCollegeMan, and welcome back.

I think the shelving in your picture would work fine for just the PS3, but I would not trust those types of shelving to hold a TV weighing 20-30 pounds. 

Here are some other options that might work.

HyLoft 45 in. x 15 in. 2-Shelf Wall Storage

HyLoft wall storage systems make the most of wasted wall space. Great for the garage, closet, basement, laundry room, shed and more. These shelving systems have patented, low profile brackets so that you can store more items without a large, infringing bracket. Each shelf can support 200 pounds. All of our products feature scratch resistant white, powder coat finish. These units can be utilized in either finished or unfinished garages, basements, attics, sheds, closets and many other spaces in your home. HyLoft wall storage units are perfect for storing large, bulky items that would otherwise be crowding valuable floor space.

• Stores up to 200 lbs. per shelf
  • Patented, low profile brackets increase storage area
  • Made of strong, durable steel
  • Fast, easy, one-person installation
  • Mounts to finished or unfinished walls
  • Great for garage, basement, attic
  • Easily store oversized items
  • Use stacked or side-by-side
  • Includes hardware for quick 1-2-3 assembly

HyLoft.jpg

OmniMount Tria 2- Wall Shelves

The Tria Series wall shelf systems offer hassle-free shelving and cable management solutions suitable for any environment and can be used with or without a flat panel. User-friendly features like adjustable shelves and paintable, trimable covers make them customizable for any application. Tria 2 is a 2-shelf do-it-yourself solution that allows you to neatly organize components right under your flat panel without the need to run the connections through your wall.

• Weight capacity: 30 lbs.
  • 6mm tempered glass shelves
  • Integrated cable management

OmniMount.jpg

Best Answer

Posted 2012-09-13T14:13:00+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Hello YoungCollegeMan, and welcome to the community!

I have a few ideas to get you going. You can check out this post by ChristineClaretand see if this is what you were looking to build, or, if you are familiar with SketchUp you can also check out this link for a variety of other designs to choose. 

If these suggestions are not what you are looking for, please post a picture of what you have in mind.

Posted 2012-09-06T15:27:52+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Thank you for the response. I was more so leaning towards shleves like this (below). Just two one for the tv to sit on the other shelf for the cable box.  

images.jpeg

Posted 2012-09-11T23:02:57+0000  by YoungCollegeMan

Love these blue shelves.  Any building instructions?

Posted 2013-05-16T01:33:15+0000  by mjbgrl71

Hello, I am new in the fourm but I really enjoy all answer this design is really awesome I love it. I am looking for information about drive in racking if anyone know about it.

Posted 2013-05-22T09:24:02+0000  by kimberlybrown

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+