Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

082392486709 Hampton Bay?

I have a ceiling fan, I think is a Hampton Bay (UPC 082392486709).  The light is no longer working.  The fan is fine.  I removed the light kit to find several problems.  The most disturbing is that the little black box looks as if it has been melted and is cracked.  I've also got a loose black wire.  While my electrical skills are limited, I do know that neither of these things are good.  

Anyway, I need a new light kit.  Searching the HD site by UPC produced no results.  Help
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-22T13:33:09+0000  by KimberlyN KimberlyN

Hello Kimberly and welcome to the Community.

I would like to direct you to a Hampton Bay ceiling fan help line.

Be prepared with the model and serial number before you call, so they can best assist you.  These numbers can usually be found on the underside of the motor.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-09-22T15:51:08+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
So this is what I'm finding to be typical poor customer service with HD.  I called the number you listed.  There are no menu choices for placing new orders.  Finally got a person, but it was apparently the wrong place because she had no clue.  Either you will provide assistance in getting the replacement kit or I'll go elsewhere and purchase a whole new fan.
Posted 2016-09-22T20:32:05+0000  by KimberlyN
Hello KimberlyN.

I am sorry that our Hampton Bay service team could not help you.  The UPC you provided links to a now obsolete Hampton Bay 48" Flemish Pewter fan that looks like this:

It was manufactured by King of Fans, who have their own customer service and parts team:

Try contacting them for the parts you need. 
They are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Eastern time.

Chris.

Posted 2016-09-23T14:24:01+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+