Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

1 in. x 6 in. x 8 ft. Beach Cottage White SPF plank wall

I am installing 1 in. x 6 in. x 8 ft. Beach Cottage White SPF  boards on a wall. When I start putting on the wall do I start at the top, bottom or middle

Thank you

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-17T17:26:24+0000  by silverado53 silverado53

This is kind of like installing flooring in that you want to avoid any thin strips because they are unattractive and difficult to work with.  I'm going to assume that you are going from floor to ceiling.  I would start by carefully measuring the wall height and then doing the math to see how many planks you'll need.  Remember you're measuring the actual surface of the plank, not its overall width because the tongue/grooves fit together.  The odds are pretty good your going to end up with a partial plank.  Let's say that you're going to end up with a plank 1" wide.  You can rip down the beginning plank by a couple of inches so you'll end up with, roughly, a 3 1/2" plank at the bottom and a 3" plank at the top.   If there are any windows or doors in the area, make sure you consider those as well.

I'd start at the bottom and work my way to the top.  How are you attaching these planks to the wall?  If you're going to nail, it would be a good idea to establish the location of the studs in the wall and then draw lines so you know where to nail.
Posted 2016-12-18T10:57:21+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+