Sign In to join the community | Help

12x12 tile with an umbrella hole in it

I need a 12x12 tile with an umbrella hole in it
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-01T15:18:25+0000  by Bill77 Bill77

Hi Bill.


To complete your project, it will be necessary to drill a hole in the tile you select.  Be sure that he hole drilled is about ¼ larger than the outside diameter of your umbrella for easy insertion of umbrella.


Use a hole saw unit that has a center drill bit that will make a pilot hole first before the coring saw starts to cut into the tile.  The drill bit should protrude out from the coring unit to allow you to start a pilot hole before the outer cutting teeth reach the table surface.


Be sure that your drill is at a 90-degree angle to the surface where your hole is to be drilled.  Once the pilot hole has been made, gently set the coring teeth onto the surface with just enough pressure to make an impression onto the surface.


Using sprits of water will help to keep the temperature at the drilling site cooler.  Allow the coring bit to progress thru the tile surface with gentle pressure to assure a smooth cut.



You can add an umbrella hole Table Ring. 



The table ring acts as a protective barrier between the umbrella pole and patio table. This ring will fit a 2 in. Diameter umbrella poles and fits standard table umbrella hole.


Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.



Posted 2018-05-01T16:34:53+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Make sure to measure either the existing tile or the space it will occupy. 12x12 is a nominal size for a tile, meaning it isn't exactly 12x12. More likely around 11 3/4" square. That may or may not work for you. If the tile is for a table sold by The Home Depot, you can probably order a replacement. The contact information and part number will be in the instruction/users manual included with the set. If it is still being sold, you can probably find a PDF version of it on

Posted 2018-05-07T03:10:21+0000  by Paul
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question