Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

1980s headboard

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I have been searching for a King size headboard forever and finally found one that works (I mean cheap). It's faux wood (particle board) in that 1980s pastel Salmon pink which I do know how to redo to match my mahogany bedroom set  (went from queen to king) hence the headboard..My problem is it has a plastic boarder that looks like faux natural stone.Like it's been chiseled in chunks..Any ideas to make it work without damaging or costing a mint... Thanks in advance for any input. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-02-05T06:49:12+0000  by armywife1 armywife1

Welcome armywife1!

My name is Christine and I’m a paint associate at The Home Depot in Atlanta. I have bought furniture that has potential, and it has worked out quite well! Hopefully you will have just as much success with this project.

Since you have the middle part figured out, let’s discuss the border. I’m assuming that since it is a faux stone finish that is it smooth. The easiest thing for you to do would be to paint it. Lightly sand it and then prime the surface. Rust-Oleum has a plastic primer that will work very well for you. After the primer dries you can paint any color on top of it. I’m thinking black will work well for you.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Happy painting,

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-02-05T14:42:03+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Hi Armywife,

Sounds like a fun project!  I'm an interior designer and would to see what your working on.  Can you post a picture so we can see what the headboard looks like?  Does the faux stone have a sand-like feel?  What is the current style of your room?  Traditional, transitional, french country, modern?  

Posted 2011-02-08T21:11:32+0000  by zokadesigns

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+