Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

2 colors of a bedroom

I am painting a bedroom black walls red boards any suggestions this is new to me and i don't want to mess up it's my daughters room all edges red rest of the room black

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-10T03:19:09+0000  by godzkidz38 godzkidz38

Hi there godzkidz38,

Thanks for joining our community!~

It's a bit of a difficult answer to give, given that I'm not sure exactly how dark you want the black and how red you want the red?

I can however speak from personal experience on this one as I helped paint a black and red room years ago! I painted the walls completely black in Behr's Beluga and then stenciled red clouds (yea, those are clouds heh and they're supposed to look that way) on the wall with Ruby Ring. Actually...here's a picture I took during the job!

image.jpeg

And here are the color codes for what I used:

Black&Red Wall.png

They are much deeper and brighter respectively when you actually see them in real life. Partner that with a satin finish and the red really popped!

I will say though, the black was VERY black and the room Shrundown in size incredibly after the paint had dried, so take that into careful consideration.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~

Posted 2013-08-15T16:32:02+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+