Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

2009 Toro question

I have a question about my 2009 self-propelled Toro Lawn Mower.  I changed the drive belt and, per information I found on you tube, removed the cover over the part that the bolt for the blade screws into.  When I removed it I found this very thick washer.  I am sorry.  I looked and looked but cannot find the names for these parts.  Anyway, when I went to put it back together I could not figure out where this thick washer goes.  I doesn't fit into the part I took off but I'm sure it is important to the performance of the mower or it wouldn't be there.  I found this old schematic online.  The parts I am talking about are the same as numbers 4 and 5 in this schematic.  I would appreciate any information you can give me as my grass needs to be mowed really badly.
Thanks,
Pat
Lawn Boy Blade schematic.gif
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-11T01:14:13+0000  by CatlovingPat CatlovingPat

Hey CatlovingPat.

If you removed the blade then I would suspect that the washer slides over the blade bolt (1), going between part 1 and 2. Being that this mower is older, there should be dirt or rust markings the same size as the washer on whatever parts that the washer was in contact with.
Posted 2015-04-12T13:37:02+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
It appears from this schematic that part numbers 5 and 6 are only accessible after you have removed the blade and then, removed the blade adapter.

The blade adapter is probably pressed onto the crankshaft and will not easily be removed.

The blade adapter has the belt pulley as part of it, so it would have to be in place to install the belt.

The spacer, or "very thick washer" is located between the end of the crank shaft and the blade adapter, according to this schematic.

If this is not the schematic for your exact model, you should expect there to be differences in this area.

Take your mower to the Tool Rental Center at your local Home Depot so that the tool tech can have a look at it.

-Travis
Posted 2015-04-14T14:53:52+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+