Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

2012 Color of the Year: Tangerine Tango

Tangerine Tango Swatch

I present to you, Tangerine Tango! Ta Da!

Did you know that Tangerine Tango is the 2012 color of the year?!  Designers, make- up artists, painters and interior decorators are running wild with the opportunity to create new, fresh looks centered around Tangerine Tango. I wanted to talk to you about a few color palettes and show some examples of how you can use Tangerine Tango in your home. 

A splash of color can make a big impact!  For instance, in this dining room, the strips of orange next to the khaki and white really make the orange pop. 

Dining room with orange, white and khaki

This little girl’s room has white walls and furniture causing the orange and pink to have a high impact on this room. It looks fun and playful.   

Girl's room

On the flip, orange and blue are also a great combination. This little boy’s room is almost completely opposite of little girl’s room above, yet is just as awesome.  With dark walls, furniture and floors, the orange brightens up the décor.  

Boy's room

This sitting area is playing with the idea of color. The blue-grey cabinet, with the orange interior is quite lovely and ties together nicely with the orange chair. I also like the idea of living color, so the light orange flowers are a nice touch. 

Sitting Area

I absolutely love this bathroom. The dark brown with the orange makes a bold statement and is softened by the mosaic tile.  

Bathroom

You can also use orange to highlight areas that you want noticed. This kitchen is painted a great neutral with a few pops of color. With the orange stripe around the calendar, the lime green mixer and stools plus the gerber daisies tying it in all together, it is not overwhelming with color, yet has great design flare. 

Kitchen

Here are some other great Tangerine Tango color combinations: 

Color Scheme   Color Scheme   Color Scheme

You may remember my post from last week discussing the color orange. It is considered to be an enthusiastic, happy color. It is known for increasing oxygen to the brain, therefore stimulating brain activity. It doesn’t matter if you add a throw pillow or complete redesign your room, adding orange will breathe new life into your space.

Go forth and dare to be orange!

Happy Decorating,

Christine  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-15T16:15:04+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL Christine_HD_ATL

Christine, we used a Behr paint color called Apple Crisp, which isn't as bold as the Tangerine Tango, but it was used in what we call our "media room" which is connected to our living room & I just love how the color brightens up everything! It's perfect for every season & you can add so many other colors that compliment the walls! I just love it!
Posted 2012-03-04T17:07:20+0000  by Heyjude

Welcome to our community Heyjude! 

I'm so glad that you love your color! Can you post some pictures for us?

We would love to hear from you again. Let us know if we can help you with anything in the future or if you have any advice for our community members.

Christine  :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-03-05T14:49:48+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Nice color choice CC, I'm actually partial to Ripe Tangelo, but I still like your Tangerine Tango. 

Posted 2012-06-01T14:10:08+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+