Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

3/4 in hole in aluminum covered facia board

I would like to drill a 3/4 inch hole in the aluminum covered facia board just under the eaves. What sort of drill bit is recommended? Thanks. Rolf
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-15T20:39:56+0000  by Msdrolf Msdrolf



My name is Tom, also known here as HD116 and allow me to welcome you to our community. As a remodeling contractor for many years, I have encountered the same dilemma on more than one occasion. For multi-material drilling on applications like yours, I rely on one of my favorite cordless accessories - the Uni-Bit.


The Uni-Bit is very versatile and will drill thin metals such as stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, and also can be used for plastic, laminate and other materials. It's unique design allows you to drill holes from 1/4" to 3/4" in 1/16th" increments without changing the bit. You can find them in your local store or at


While any multi material bit could be used for your application, I am sure you will find it to be a great addition to the tool box.


Thank you for your question and hope that helps.


Posted 2012-05-16T13:10:56+0000  by HD116
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question