Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

68in Altura Hampton Bay flush mount?

I'm trying to mount this fan and am wondering if it can be mounted flush. Anyone know? Is there a mounting kit I need to purchase? Thanks for any help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-29T16:12:35+0000  by Ducky848 Ducky848

Hey Ducky848,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

The Hampton Bay Altura 68 in. Oil-Rubbed Bronze fan is one of the largest ceiling fans we carry. Since it is such a large fan, I haven't heard of anyone flush-mounting it until I saw a reviewer on our site saying that it can be done.

After reading the instruction manual, I didn't see that option of having it flush mounted.

The reviewer MessyLectric goes into some detailing regarding installing it this way with a light kit as well.

User submitted photo

I personally have never even heard of anyone doing this, for several reasons. For starters, it didn't say anything in the manual regarding it. Also, most large fans need adequate airflow from above for them to operate properly, which is why you have an 18in. downrod that comes with it.

In short, you don't need a mounting kit to do this, but you could either use a much shorter downrod (you can cut down your existing and drill a hole where the shaft pin goes) or follow the users advice above.

If you mount it this way, make sure you are doing it securely and safely. While you are doing so at your own risk, make sure that you have another person helping you do this, due to the weight of the fan.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-06-29T17:00:16+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+