Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Trending in the Aisles: Multy Home EnviroTiles

User-added image

User-added image

My local Home Depot store just started getting ready for spring.  The patio furniture is arriving in our garden department and that’s where I found this great new product: Multy Home EnviroTiles™.

Sand_secondary_4.jpg

Envirotiles are an environmentally-friendly product that is the ideal re-surfacing solution to renew, restore and resurface many outdoor and indoor flooring spaces.  The tiles are made from 100% recycled rubber tires that were diverted from landfills.   They are designed to work on horizontal surfaces: place them directly on top of any existing flat surface (decks, patios, porches, balconies, verandas, walkways, poolside, basements, or workrooms).  Envirotiles are impact-friendly, weather-resistant, and noise-absorbing.   They are durable; they will not break, crack, warp, peel, or crumble.  Simply rinse off the tiles with a garden hose for easy cleaning.  Grooves let the water flow beneath the tiles.

9c4adffe-45c2-46bb-be35-730589945080_300.jpg  33a0eb26-1f58-4f54-af48-0ca90d6b4280_300.jpg  bfcfa908-75bd-451c-8e37-55c8767be9b8_300.jpg  3a1792e5-699e-40cc-84f2-e8586dece310_300.jpg  

Envirotiles come in a variety of styles and colors - designed to look like concrete pavers.  They are lighter in weight than a paver and are easy to install. Connector clips secure the tiles together.  The tiles can be trimmed with a utility knife or jigsaw.   

921989e0-73af-4ae9-b6c8-23b5bcc73dd0_300.jpg   Connectors secure the tiles from the underside by using a mallet.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-28T20:21:44+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL Eileen_HD_ATL

Hi,

Can any cement glue be used on these tiles? Also, what is the warranty?

Posted 2011-02-19T22:22:54+0000  by molliesdad

Hello molliesdad and welcome to The Community!  We are glad you are here. 

I spoke to the manufacturer and he recommended a Premium Rubber Sealant Silicone Plus from DAP.  Be sure the surface is clean, dry, and free of any oil.

DAP.jpgDAP® Silicone Plus™ Premium Silicone Rubber Window & Door Sealant

The warranty is 5 years (when using the connector clips).

I have one customer who wants to install this on his rooftop patio.  My local store is carrying several styles in our garden department and there are additional styles and designs available at www.homedepot.com

Please keep us posted on your project – we love to see before and after photos!

Posted 2011-02-22T20:18:58+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I have included some more information about these great new tiles as well as details on installation, tile trimming, connecting, and calculations to help you complete your project.  The Multy Home EnviroTiles can be purchased at your local Home Depot store as well as on line at www.homedepot.com.

Pictures Feb 11 011a.jpg

Pictures Feb 11 006a.jpg

Pictures Feb 11 013a.jpg

Pictures Feb 11 010a.jpg

Pictures Feb 11 014a.jpg

Best wishes on your new, easy, and beautiful patio projects!

Posted 2011-03-01T17:06:07+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

So,what kind of cost and time to install for a 10x10 area?

Posted 2011-03-14T04:07:39+0000  by johnw

Hello johnw and welcome to the community, ChrisFixit here. At the beginning of our patio season a fellow associate and I knocked out around an 8x12 area in about an hour. That was with partially having to start over due to an unexpected pole in the way :robotmad:. Sigh... always double check the measurements of others is the lesson there :robotwink:. It really was actually quite a painless process but having a good mallet on hand is key as the clip slots are made to hold very tightly. As far as price goes the best way to get an accurate price is to call up your local store or hit the website with your zip code and you should be able to find the pricing info you need. I hope this is helpful and again welcome.

Cheers,

ChrisFixit

Posted 2011-03-14T18:47:00+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Can these be installed over sod or dirt? Was thinking of putting lawn fabric down and then install these tile under our playset in the back yard.

-Thanks

Posted 2011-03-16T21:20:37+0000  by diyswan
This looks really cool. I am going to try this on a screen room. Does the floor have to be perfectly level?
Posted 2011-03-18T00:40:44+0000  by Fletch

Hello diyswan and welcome to The Community!  Good to hear from you Fletch!

I called Customer Service to get the latest updates and I will answer two questions with one post! 

Diyswan, you can install EnviroTiles in a screen room on a not-so-perfectly level floor.  It will be best if the floor is to within 1” of level.  The rubber will conform to the floor so it is somewhat forgiving.  More than 1” height differential, the tiles may not look or feel as good compared to a level surface and may slightly “move” around. 

Fletch, you are right on.  Make sure the dirt is level, use the landscape fabric, and then install the tiles.  The Customer Service representative said that the EnviroTiles have been used in several playground installations and they are a success.  (Save the sod and use it elsewhere since it will not live under the tiles.)  Since the tiles have grooves underneath, they already have a channel for rainwater.  Be sure to use the connectors to keep the tiles safely in place since the kids will be enjoying the playset. 

Best wishes to both of you on your projects and please send us updates – and before/after photos - so we can enjoy your hard work too!!!

Posted 2011-03-18T13:25:39+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I am redoing the area around my pool. I am loving the idea of recycled material like envirotile. I understand how the clips work, however when the tiles reach the rim of the inground pool how does it stay down? Is there a glue or something that should be applied? Also, does the tile get hot in the sun, meaning burn the bare feet of the swimmers?

Posted 2011-03-20T16:07:22+0000  by Danielle

Hello Danielle and welcome to The Community!  Thank you for joining our discussion.  I have additional information about the EnviroTiles for you.

To keep the tiles in place around your in-ground pool, use DAP® Silicone Plus™ Premium Silicone Rubber Window & Door Sealant (scroll up the page to an earlier post to see a photo of the product).  Be sure the surface is clean, dry, and free of any oil before applying the adhesive.  Be sure to use the recommended number of connector clips to keep everything in place. 

Since the EnviroTiles are made from rubber, they will get hot in the summer sun.  (Pavers would also get hot as well most other products under the full sun.)  If you decide to use them near the pool, you most likely will need to splash water on them before you jump out of the water to cool off the tiles.  There are channels under the surface of the tiles to allow the water to drain away. 

Please keep us posted on your project and best wishes on new pool view!  We would love to see your finished photos. 

Posted 2011-03-22T13:16:51+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+