Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

A bench

Hello Home Depot.

I have been thinking about a wood working project I could do this fall, that would take some time to complete, and I was thinking about making a bench with my grandmas name on it (in memory of him) for my grandma.  I was wondering, are there certain kits that I could use to build a bench?  And what does it take to engrave a name into wood?  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-19T01:24:16+0000  by elsamurai94 elsamurai94

Hi elsamuriai,

I'm Travis from The Home Depot in Atlanta.

Wood working is a great way to express your creativity and it gives you a since of accomplishment.

Last winter was a cold one here and there was not much going on in the community for lawns so, while delving into other hobbies, I posted on a wood carving thread.

Maybe this will begin a new conversation.

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Woodworking-Hobbyists/Wood-Carving/m-p/1369#M36

LawnRanger

Posted 2011-07-19T11:48:30+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

This love seat/bench is to be made from cedar for outdoor use (readily available at THD). The legs/back are constructed of three layers. Each is made of three layers of 1x6 lumber and each layer is also made of three separate pieces of wood. Together they make it easy to form open mortise-and-tenon joints that interlock to create strong joinery. There is a slight dip in the seat for sittig comfort. All components shown are to be glued and connected with 3/8" dowels.

Love Seat.jpg

Posted 2011-09-03T16:08:07+0000  by Paul

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+