Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Adding a light kit on to Hampton Bay Model AC-552A LL or a manual please

Hello,
    I want to add a light kit onto the above mentioned fan.  Do you have a manual or can you instruct me how to do this?  The date on the sticker off the housing is 01 04, and the UPC is 18212047927.  Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-05T01:13:48+0000  by Dewman Dewman

Hey Dewman,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

I can't tell by your model number you gave us if your Hampton Bay ceiling fan has a blank bottom cap that can accept a universal ceiling fan light kit. 

If it does, you can turn off the power to the fan, remove the screws that hold the bottom cap in place. Now will have exposed wires that can connect to the new light you have purchased.

The light kit itself typically installs (all of ours we sell at your local Home Depot store does) via a male threaded hollow rod that screws into the bottom blank cap. The cap itself should have a 'button' that can be popped out once the cap is removed via the screws I mentioned. Be sure to wire the light kit correctly per the instructions listed on it. 

The threaded rod with wires inside now will screw into the bottom cap. You install the side screws holding the cap onto the fan in place, and now you should have a working fan. 

This is the perfect scenario for installing a light kit on your existing ceiling fan. However, if you believe you have a different setup for your ceiling fan, you can contact Hampton Bay directly with the number below.

Image result for hampton bay customer service

Let us know if we can be of further assistance, and if you can upload an image of your fan on here, that would assist you greatly.

Joseph

Posted 2018-07-09T16:17:44+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+