Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Adhesive

I have removed some carpet that was on concrete with no pad underneath.  What is the easiest way to remove the adhesive from the concrete before putting new carpet down?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-17T20:49:39+0000  by Les63 Les63

Good afternoon Les63 and welcome to the community. Good to have you here.

My name is TC and I work in the paint department for The Home Depot here in Southern California. I have certainly torn up my share of glued carpet. You actually got lucky that there isn’t a glued pad as well. The easiest way to remove most carpet adhesives is with a chemical remover. The product I have had the most luck with and recommend quite highly is made by Jasco. It is a partial gel stays where you put it and does a good job of dissolving the glue to the point where it comes off nicely with a simple floor scraper or putty knife. Do please remember. When working with any chemicals don’t forget the chemical resistant gloves and eye protection. When it comes to disposal I have found a sealable paint can to be an acceptable coffin. After you have sealed the can please contact your local hazmat agency to find an appropriate disposal site.

I hope this has been of some help. Please contact us at any time with any question

TC

Posted 2011-06-17T22:00:22+0000  by TC_ArtDog

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+