Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Air-conditioner

I do not know if this is the board I should be writig to. I have an aoartment I let. I have to replace a window air-conditioner but the tenant would like to keep the light from the window. Other than central air and knocking a new hole in the building, is there another alternative? I noticed a portable air-conditioning unit. What is that like?

Can it work?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-26T12:27:22+0000  by vkerstein vkerstein

Hello vkerstein and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

Portable air conditioner.jpg

A portable air conditioner would allow the light that your tenant desires without the expense of central HVAC or structural changes to the building.  As you can see in the photo, the unit vents to the outside through a window.  These units are best installed in small apartments.

PLP_AP_BAN_Img-Portable-BTU.jpg

The portable air conditioner must stay in the upright position at all times.  Many have air direction capabilities and temperature adjustment via remote control.  Units with a washable air filter save money on replacement filters.  The unit will need to have direct access to a window and an electrical outlet since extension cords are not recommended.  Depending upon the model, some units have a dehumidifier and heater capabilities. 

Best wishes on your project. 

Posted 2013-04-26T15:08:31+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+