Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Allure Vinyl

3-story house 1.5 miles from ocean/1 mile from lagoon
   California (shaken, not stirred)
   Desired install in 3rd story master bed and bath suite + on 1st level concrete slab (previous ceramic tile's mastic DIRECT to concrete)
   Desire 2' x 3' x 1/2" cork underlayment sheets for sound and level matching reasons on 3rd floor master suite and for insulation/moisture resilience on ground level (on a hillside so partially sub-grade

Allure's webpage specifically singles out cork underlayment as a "no."  I've been eyeing Allure for years now and never noticed that.  Is it accurate?  If so, could I put that really thin moisture barrier by Traffic Master (currently 50c/sq ft) between cork and product to mitigate whatever issues there are?  Ultimately, the sound/insulation properties will win over Allure.  How can I save it?

If not, what are my options for vinyl?  I do not like wood products as I've got both 3/4" oak too expensive) and crappy laminate (seams spread/lift with weather changes)...

Please help shed light on this, thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-01-10T09:56:02+0000  by 92008WobblyHouser 92008WobblyHouser

Hello 92008WobblyHouser and welcome to the Community.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any vinyl flooring product that will consider an underlayment of cork as acceptable.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-01-10T16:02:46+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+